Higher Education Commission (HEC) Islamabad announces fully funded Hungaricum Scholarships for undergraduates, Masters, and Ph.D. Programs. Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (2020-21) is launched by the Hungarian Government under Higher Education and Scientific Exchange Programme for Bachelors, One-Tier Master’s, Masters, and Ph.D. studies.
The program is managed by HEC, Pakistan, and the Tempus Public Foundation, Hungary. The deadline for online submission of application is January 15, 2021.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for
- Bachelor Degree (after 12 years of education)
- One-Tier Master’s Degree (after 12 years of education)
- Master Degree (after 16 years of education)
- Ph.D. Degree (after 18 years of education)
HEC Hungaricum Scholarship Covers
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend:
- Bachelors and Masters Scholarships: monthly HUF 43,700/- (cca EUR 130) Doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, monthly HUF 140,000/-(cca EUR 415) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 530) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Accommodation: Dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month
- Medical insurance: Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Hungaricum Scholarship
- Applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Must be between the age of 18-22 years for undergraduate programs, for which they are applying for admission and the age limit should not exceed 35 years for postgraduate Master’s (18 years) and Ph.D. programs on January 15, 2021. In the case of PhD programs, for full-time employees of public sector Universities, Colleges, and R&D organizations the maximum age must be 40 years on January 15, 2021.
- The applicant must have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent for application in Bachelor’s (Undergraduate Program) and One-Tier Master’s degree.
- The applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors’s/or equivalent Degree for application in Master’s (Postgraduate Program).
- The applicant must have completed 18 years Degree/or equivalent for application in Ph.D. Program.
- The applicant must fill all the fields of the Hungary application form and HEC application form and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates/Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level from IBCC is mandatory.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable.
- All applicants must submit a medical certificate of satisfactory health condition (issued not earlier than 15 November 2020, a written certificate from a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions)
- In case of final selection, applicants will have to submit a bond on legal paper to HEC that he/she will not change discipline after final award of scholarship, and immediately after completion of his/her degree, he/she will return back to Pakistan to serve the country for a period as prescribed by the HEC. In case of failure to do so, HEC reserves the right to recover from candidate or his/her guarantor, a penalty amount as prescribed/decided by the HEC.
- Applicants must fulfill all other requirements set by host Hungarian university/Tempus Public Foundation/Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- In case of final selection, candidate has to submit a bond agreement with HEC.
How to apply for HEC Hungaricum Scholarship
- Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit only online applications at the Hungarian and HEC website. Failure to submit online application forms on BOTH submitted websites mentioned at Step (1) & Step (2) will not be considered for further processing.
- Hard copies of applications and other documents are not required at the initial stage. However, applicants are required to keep record of all the submitted documents along with printed copies of BOTH application forms (submitted online at HEC & Tempus Public Foundation).
- At a later stage of the selection process, applicants will be required to submit hard copies (including online application forms submitted at HEC portal with deposit slip & Tempus Public Foundation portal) along with attested photo copies of all the original documents. Original medical certificate and police clearance certificate also need to be submitted.