Roulette is absolutely one of the all-time classics when it comes to casino features. This is a game that is iconic to gambling and is perhaps the most entertaining of games that you will find inside any casino online or on land.
Here we teach you how to play roulette online, giving you a very simple step-by-step guide so that you can access any game of roulette online and play with absolute confidence.
Presenting the world of roulette gaming
Roulette gaming is very easy to learn and easier to play. This is why roulette is a much-loved feature of the casino. Roulette is a very distinct game, nothing online looks how it looks or plays as it plays.
Online, players can access many different forms of roulette, but the traditional version all depends on where you are from as there are three main variants that are played online and inside of land casinos.
These variants are American, French, and European roulette. The changes are subtle, the American table uses an extra green number in the form of a double-zero. The French variant uses a side bet option and the European table is seen as the more basic game with just one green number with no side betting.
It is this variant of roulette that you will be learning how to play, due to the fact that this variant offers players a better winning advantage.
What does roulette gaming offer you?
So, of all the games that you have access to, especially by playing online, why opt to play roulette? Well, to answer this, we got Orla Byrne, Editor-in-Chief at BetinIreland to discuss why roulette is the game of choice and she provided the page betinireland.ie/casino/games/roulette, for any players wishing to learn more about the game.
“In Ireland roulette is popular because it’s a social game that can be enjoyed by many players. It’s the live game of choice in Ireland casinos both online and on the high street. Roulette is also the first traditional game first-time players will opt to play because its rules are so obvious. As a gambling feature, roulette presents numerous betting opportunities with gives players an attractive number of ways of winning.”
Roulette is indeed a user-friendly game, with the house edge only giving the casino a rough 55% advantage over the table before it is played. But roulette offers players odd of 2 to 1 and 1 to 1, known as outside bets that can help players to slowly accumulate a profit the longer, they play.
How to play roulette
Playing is dead simple. There are two features of the game, the table, and the roulette wheel. The numbers on the wheel are matched by the roulette table. With European roulette, those numbers are 0 to 36.
On the wheel, the numbers are randomly spread out and will alternate between red and black colors.
How you win is by guessing what number will be selected by the ball, once it has been dropped into the spinning wheel.
On the table, there are many options besides the 36 numbers that you can pick. They are categorized as inside bets and outside bets.
Inside: These are the bets which specifically focus on the numbers.
Outside: These are the bets that surround the numbers in the additional boxes.
You can be on anything and as many different times as you want.
Here is a breakdown of just what you can bet, heck, you can even play all of them at once!
- Single: Pick yourself a single number with winnings odds of 35 to 1.
- Multiple: You can place betting chips on multiple single numbers to help hedge your bet.
- Split: Cover any two numbers with the chip or chips. Place the chip on the line between any adjacent numbers.
- Street Bet: Place a bet on three numbers. The columns that run vertical like 1, 2, and 3 form a street bet. Place the chip half on the bottom number of the three and half inside the dozen bet box.
- Corner Bet: Place a bet on four numbers by placing your betting chip in the centre of four joining numbers.
- Six Line Bet: This is a bet matching that of the street bet but instead covers six numbers instead of three. Just shift the chip to a central line of 2 vertical columns and you have 6 numbers covered.
- Column Bet: There are three horizontal rows that each have 2 to 1 marked at the end. Pick these to cover all numbers in the row.
- Dozen Bet: There are three betting areas on the table marked as 1st 12, 2nd 12, and 3rd 12. These cover the numbers in their sections of 12. So, you have 1 to 12, 13, to 24, 25 to 36.
- Odds/Even: You can bet on whether the ball drop on a number that is either odd or even.
- High/Low: You can pick if the selected number is between 1 and 18 or between 19 and 36.
- Red or Black: Simply choose between red and black.
Are there any betting strategies? Well, there are a few that people do play with, the most common of which is the Martingale technique. This was originally developed for market trading, which then got picked up inside of casinos because gambling and investing in stocks are practically the same thing. Though it shouldn’t be forgotten that no matter how many strategy techniques you adopt, there is no way of predicting where the ball will land with 100% success. This is a game of luck and you’ll need plenty of it to win big.
Types of roulette
Online there are many types of roulette and two formats of how the game can be experienced. You have your traditional online simulation games and also live dealer casino games.
The live casino games of roulette are streamed from developer studios and broadcast into the casinos. You get to enjoy live cam shows that allow you to play in real-time and engage with the dealer via live chat.
This gaming format presents several variants that can all be played using the universal rules mentioned above.
In the live domain, there is a variant of the game called Lightning Roulette. It plays like any normal game, however, during spins lightning will pick numbers to add multiplier values to them, up to the size of 500x.
Discover free online games to practice roulette before playing for real money. At BetinIreland.ie, they can guide you to these safe and free demo features.