Purchasing all kinds of items online for your everyday living has become largely prominent in the past few years, especially more so now with the ongoing pandemic, where many individuals don’t feel safe going to physical stores. In some cases, it would be better if the package you ordered online would be shipped somewhere else that isn’t your house or apartment—like if you’re preparing a surprise for someone within your household and you don’t want that person to receive the package accidentally while you’re out of the house.
This is what the Amazon Hub Locker is for. Don’t know what this is and how it works, or you’ve heard about it but don’t know how to login? Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about the Amazon Hub Locker.
The Amazon Hub Locker is a safe and secure compartment wherein you can pick up packages whenever you have the time. You can even pick up your items on the weekends or in the evening, which usually wouldn’t be possible if you simply relied on a courier for delivery. It’s all about convenience. Long gone are the days when couriers simply left your packages on your front door, leaving them vulnerable to theft and other issues while you’re away.
Amazon Hub Lockers are found in areas of convenience, or rather, areas where most people would frequent. This includes grocery stores, convenience stores, malls, apartment buildings, etc. Amazon also ensured that these nifty lockers are accessible to as many people as possible, which is why there are Hub Lockers available across 900 cities and towns throughout the United States. Try to check your nearest store, school, or office, and you’ll most likely find a Locker there. If not, Amazon’s official website allows you to search for Hubs that are within your vicinity.
There’s nothing complex about Amazon Hub Lockers, and utilizing it upon checkout of your Amazon order is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is add in an Amazon Locker to your address book in Amazon, and then choose that as your shipping address once you decide to checkout. As soon as the package is ready for you to pick up, you’ll be sent an email that contains a unique 6-digit code or PIN. Keep this code safe, as you’ll need it in order to open up the designated Locker and retrieve your package.
Of course, Amazon Prime members can enjoy more perks. Namely, they’ll have access to one-day, two-day, and same-day shipping for free and with no extra charges. You’ll be able to see more details and options for your package during the checkout process.
At this point, you probably don’t need a lot of convincing as to why Amazon Hub Lockers are a great service for all shoppers. While most apartment buildings already have designated mailboxes for the different tenants, these compartments are quite small most of the time and can only fit mail or small items. Plus, not all buildings have some kind of guard or a doorman. As such, you probably wouldn’t feel comfortable knowing that your item is out in the open all day while you’re busy at work.
If your apartment building or neighborhood is known to have thieves every now and then, you’ll get the peace of mind you deserve by making use of these Lockers. It’s simple, straightforward, and guaranteed to be safe.
As mentioned, you’ll receive an email from Amazon once your package is ready for pickup at your Locker of choice. Note that you need to pick the item up as soon as possible, or at least within three days, or else the item will be sent back to the company. Now that you have your code and you’re ready to retrieve your package, simply follow the steps below:
- Check the email you received and click on the link found there for directions that will lead you to your Amazon Hub Locker—just in case you don’t know where it’s located.
- Take note of your code—you can either manually write this down on a piece of paper, or simply take a screenshot of the email you received. You won’t be able to open the Hub Locker without this. If you signed up to receive text notifications, it’s possible that you’ll receive the code via text instead.
- Head over to the location of your Locker and find the slot assigned to your package.
- Use the kiosk to enter not just the 6-digit code, but other required information as well.
- After successfully entering in your details, the slot with your package will open up and you can proceed to taking it out from there.
What makes the Amazon Hub Locker even more convenient is the fact that you can easily return your package. If you want to return the item you’ve purchased for any reason, simply drop off the package at any Amazon Locker near you. It doesn’t have to be the same Locker where you picked it up.
If you have an Amazon Hub account and you want to log in to it, it’s a completely different process but is just as easy. If you do encounter some issues, simply follow this easy step-by-step guide.
- Open up your browser of choice from your device, may it be your computer or laptop.
- Type and enter hub.amazon.work into the search bar. This will redirect you to Amazon’s A to Z page.
- This page will ask you for your Amazon Login and Password. Depending on what you entered upon signing up, you can either type in your email address that’s linked to your Amazon account, or your mobile number.
- After successfully logging in, you’ll be able to easily and conveniently order items for Amazon Hub Locker.
Amazon is a massive platform that’s probably well-known across the globe. It’s a storefront where you can buy almost anything and everything. Online shopping is a major part of many people’s lives, but we can’t just sit by our doorstep waiting for the courier to deliver our package. We have a life that needs living. Thanks to Amazon Hub Lockers, however, you can rest easy knowing that your package is being sent and stored in a safe place, where no one can gain access to it except for you.