Internet Protocol Television, more commonly known as IPTV, is all the rage these days. It allows you to watch a variety of channels through the internet, and new providers keep cropping up as time passes. One all-inclusive IPTV that many recommend is TiviMate. What’s so great about this is that this IPTV Player can support services that offer M3U URLs.
However, you must first check with your IPTV provider if they’ll allow you access to their M3U URL before proceeding. Most providers reveal this kind of information to their subscribers through online discussion forums or support documents. At the moment, TiviMate has two versions: the free one and the premium one. If you want to use TiviMate to the best of its abilities, it’s recommended that you purchase the premium version for the best experience possible.
As you can imagine, the premium version has features that aren’t available or accessible if you just get the free option, such as:
- Scheduled recordings
- Multiple playlists
- Favorites management
- Customizable TV Guide
- Customizable Panels
- Customize groups and channels
- Sort channels manually
- Turn on the last channel when app launches
- Auto frame rate (AFR)
- Reminder to play channel automatically
There’s so much you can do with the premium version that the free version may seem lackluster. Of course, the decision is up to you—you can download and install the free version first to check it out. We’ll guide you through all the steps.
First and foremost, you need to register for an account, so do that first before proceeding. Once done, you can go ahead and install the TiviMate app. That being said, it’s worth noting that if you’re using a Firestick or Fire TV, you’ll need to sideload the app because TiviMate isn’t available on the Amazon App Store. If you’re using an Android TV Box, on the other hand, you’ll be able to find the app on the Google Play Store. You can search for “TiviMate IPTV Player” on the app and you can install it from there.
The same process applies for other Android streaming devices like the NVIDIA Shield, Tivo Stream 4K, and many others. For the purpose of this guide, however, we’ll be taking you through the different steps on how to install TiviMate on your Firestick, since this process is more complex than the Android ones.
- Install the Downloader app for your device from either the Google Play Store or the Amazon App Store, depending on your device. Make sure that on your streaming device’s settings, you turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources” so that you can still seamlessly download apps even though they’re from, well, unknown sources.
- Launch the Downloader app that you’ve installed, and tap on Allow.
- Once you’re on the app’s homepage, you’ll see a search bar.
- Type https://troypoint.com/tivi onto that search bar using the on-screen keyboard and hit Go.
- Simply wait for the download to finish.
- Click on Install and then Done once it’s finished.
- You’ll be taken back to the Downloader. Simply tap on the Delete option twice. This will allow you to free up some much-needed space in your streaming device.
- Head back to the home screen and look for the TiviMate app on the Your Apps & Channels tab.
- You can reposition the app and move it to the front, or you can let it stay where it is. Either way, you can go ahead and launch the TiviMate IPTV app.
Now that your TiviMate app is ready for use, you can proceed to authorizing an IPTV service. As mentioned, you’ll need to have an M3U URL in order for this to work as expected.
- Launch the TiviMate IPTV app and click on the button that says Add Playlist.
- Tap on the Enter URL option and type in the M3U UR of your IPTV service provider.
- After entering everything as required, click Next.
- Wait for the Channels to be entered, and for the app to finish processing.
- Once that’s done, you’ll see a message that says “Playlist is processed.” Click Next.
- You can proceed to inserting your TV Guide. Again, click on the Enter URL option.
- Enter the EPG M3U URL of your TV Guide. Then click Done.
- Your TV Guide will be imported into your TiviMate app, after which you can start watching your channel of choice.
Bear in mind that most of these options aren’t available on the free version. As such, you’ll probably be left frustrated by the amount of things you can’t do.
If you want to go for the premium version, it costs $4.99 per year for 5 devices along with a free 5-day trial. A lifetime option is also available for $19.99. Before you can install TiviMate Premium, however, you need to register for an account using the Companion App. At the moment, the TiviMate Companion App can only be downloaded through the Google Play Store. So if you don’t have an Android device, you can use an Android emulator like BlueStacks.
After installing the app, you can follow the steps below:
- Launch the newly downloaded TiviMate Companion app.
- Tap the button that says Account.
- Type in the Username and Password that you’d like to use for your Premium account, and then click on Create Account.
- Select Buy Subscription.
- Type in your payment information.
- And you’re done! You can now enjoy TiviMate Premium.
Now that you’ve signed up for a Premium account, you’ll want this to reflect on the main TiviMate IPTV app too. To do so, you need to login to the account you’ve created. Here are the steps:
- In order to be redirected to the Login page, add a channel—any channel—to Favorites by tapping on your remote’s Menu button. It’s the button with 3 horizontal lines. From there, you can tap on the Add to Favorites option.
- Once redirected, click Next and then Account.
- You’ll be asked to login. Enter your Username and Password and then tap on the Log In button.
- Enter the name of your device before selecting Activate.
- Congrats! You’re now logged into your Premium account and will have access to all the features available on TiviMate.
There’s one thing that users have been most curious about, and it’s whether they should use a VPN when streaming with TiviMate. To be on the safe side, we recommend that you do turn on your VPN of choice before viewing any of the channels. Most often than not, these free streaming applications and IPTV services have servers that aren’t very secure. As such, there’s a chance that your IP could fall into the wrong hands.
To ensure security, using a VPN will cover up your IP address and location, meaning that you’ll remain anonymous.
There are numerous IPTV services available on the internet, and one of the best ones out there is arguably TiviMate. Of course, you may not have the best time if you want to keep using the free version, but Premium users will undoubtedly have the time of their lives.