Taking care of and maintaining your home means you also have to clean out your gutters every once in a while. If you don’t include your gutters in your home maintenance and upkeep, this could lead to dirt and debris clogging your gutters. Not only that, mold and mildew could grow from your dirty gutters, and sometimes, this could even lead to bigger issues such as basement flooding.
There’s no need to worry if you don’t know how to clean your gutters on your own. There are companies out there that do the job for you, including gutter repair and installation and even gutter guards installation. Of course, the services offered and how well it’s done depends on which company you’re going for. In this particular review, we’ll help you decide if LeafFilter is the company for you.
All About LeafFilter
Thanks to LeafFilter, you no longer have to spend countless hours or days stressing over your dirty gutters. The company is known for its gutter guard system, which gets rid of gutter cleaning responsibilities. Long gone are the days when you’d risk your safety by climbing up deadly or slippery ladders just to clean out your gutters.
LeafFilter was founded in 2005 by Matt Kaulig. It had a humble start in Kaulig’s basement, but now, the company has grown significantly. In fact, LeafFilter is considered to be among the biggest home improvement companies in the United States today. LeafFilter not only aims to provide you with an exceptional gutter guard solution, but it also wants you to have an incredible experience with its customer service team. With LeafFilter, you can rest assured that your home and your gutters are in the right hands.
How Does LeafFilter Work?
As you probably know, gutters play an important role wherein it redirects rainwater away from your home. However, your house’s gutters won’t be able to do the job well if they’re full of debris. If the water from your gutters isn’t diverted away from your house and it ends up collecting at the base of your home, this could cause serious issues. For instance, it could significantly affect your house’s foundation or, as mentioned, cause mildew, mold, and rot.
Suppose you already cleaned your gutters and everything is in order—great! However, this doesn’t mean your job is done. You’ll have to regularly clean your gutters because they will continuously clog or fill up with debris. With LeafFilter’s gutter guards system, however, you only need to have it installed one time and it will help protect your home for a really long time.
LeafFilter’s system has three components that make it effective:
- It provides surface tension that ensures rainwater will be effectively diverted away from your home.
- The gutter guards have a built-in pitch, which allows your gutter to easily get rid of debris that could get stuck.
- You can rest assured that the system is sealed and durable, no matter how heavy the water and debris may get.
How Much Does It Cost?
Unfortunately, there’s no set price for LeafFilter’s gutter guards system. In other words, it completely depends on your house’s size and if the professionals need to make any repairs before the installation process. If you want to get an estimate price, you’ll have to contact LeafFilter’s customer service representatives.
One of LeafFilter’s professionals will visit your home to inspect your house. Afterward, they will be able to provide you with an estimate of how much you’ll have to pay for the system’s installation.
What We Like
- LeafFilter’s gutter guards are made from durable uPVC and stainless steel, which means you don’t have to worry about them rusting or getting ruined as time passes.
- Military veterans and seniors get a 10% discount.
- The company has won awards for its service and its gutter guard system.
- LeafFilter’s gutter guards have a pitch that will help divert the water.
- It only takes one installation.
- It helps ensure that your home won’t undergo any flooding and erosion due to dirty and flooded gutters.
- The professionals who install the gutter guards are knowledgeable and friendly.
- The customer service team is quick to respond to inquiries.
What We Don’t Like
- Depending on how big your house is, LeafFilter’s gutter guards system could get pricey.
- Some LeafFilter reviews have complained that they experienced some issues with their gutter guards wherein they didn’t work like expected.
- Only a professional from LeafFilter can install the gutter guards, so you can’t do it manually.
If you want to never have to clean your gutters ever again, it may be time for you to check out LeafFilter’s gutter guards system. The gutter guards use a 275-micron micromesh, which means you don’t have to worry about rust or corrosion. Consequently, this also means that the system will be in place for a very long time, and you don’t have to worry about getting a new system installed anytime soon.
If you don’t mind the pricing, then getting these gutter guards installed may be worth the investment. The process is simple and straightforward, and once the system is successfully installed, you can finally say goodbye to gutter-cleaning duties!